The 2015 annual performance review season is upon us for regular (non-probationary) staff. This year, HR will be managing two separate review processes, a pilot and non-pilot process. We have been working through our HR Agents, HR Process Improvement Forum members, the collective bargaining units, and senior leadership to develop a revised performance review form called the Performance Evaluation & Planning (PEP) Form. Certain areas have opted to pilot the new form, while other areas will continue to use the current form. Communications will soon be distributed to all employees who are required to have a performance review, notifying them which form will be used for their area.
Performance Review Schedule
Although we will have pilot and non-pilot forms, the review schedule will remain the same:
- November 2015 – Employee begins self-assessment
- December 2015 – Employee completes self-assessment
- January 2016 – Supervisor begins completing performance review form/s and schedules review meetings with individual employees
- February 2016 – Supervisor completes review process and submits signed forms to HR
- March 1, 2016 – All 2015 performance review forms are due to HR by 5:00pm
Training and Contact Information
Online performance review courses are available through Learning Central. Look for EOD 307 – Performance Review for Staff and EOD 416 – Conducting a Performance Review (for Managers). Additionally, if your office is designated to use the pilot PEP form, you will have the opportunity to request an exclusive training by our Employee & Organizational Development (EOD) department to introduce your staff and supervisors to the new format.
More performance review information, including FAQs, can be found on the HR website. However, if you have questions, please contact your HR Client Services Consultant or EOD. Contact EOD regarding training for both pilot and non-pilot processes.