Start 2021 out on your best foot by preparing for hard decisions or difficult conversations. Crucial Conversations is an online, self-paced course that focuses on the skills that foster open dialog around high stakes, emotional, or risky topics. Learn how to speak persuasively, foster teamwork and make better decisions.
- Based on the best-selling book Crucial Conversations®, this workshop will help you learn how to speak persuasively, foster teamwork, and make better decisions. The course includes:
- Online self-paced classes (8-10 hours of course work)
- Downloadable Toolkit (a reference guide to the online Crucial Conversations® content)
- Crucial Conversations® e-book
- 1:1 Ombuds coaching, support and check-ins
Upcoming kick-off dates:
Jan. 21 | Feb. 17 | March 16 | April 14 | May 13 | June 8
Complete your course within 90 days of your kick-off date.
While the three-day training is free, there is a materials fee of $265 (required by VitalSmarts, developer of the Crucial Conversations® material). You have two options for payment:
Your department may pay the $265 materials fee via an index number transfer, processed through Ombuds Services. For this option, contact Anne Lightsey, Ombuds Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may register through UNM Continuing Education, using your tuition remission. Total cost through UNM Continuing Education, including administration fee, is $400. To register, visit UNM Continuing Education, course number 22284.
Questions? Visit the Ombuds website.
Start the Conversation
Ombuds is here to listen. Schedule a confidential ombuds visit by sending an email to JoEllen Ransom, Staff Ombuds email@example.com or Anne Lightsey, Associate Ombuds firstname.lastname@example.org .
Each visit is a confidential, informal, compassionate, and constructive conversation. Visit ombudsforstaff.unm.edu to learn more about Ombuds services.