Nobody wants to think about filing 2020 income taxes yet, but it’ll be here before we know it!
As an active UNM employee, you may now opt in to receive your W-2 and 1095-C forms electronically through LoboWeb.
The electronic option improves your online experience with easy and early access, further protects your personal data, and achieves efficiency by reducing paper and mailing costs.
Deadline to complete your electronic consent is Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
You are not required to consent to electronic distribution, but you must provide electronic consent for UNM to provide forms to you electronically. If you consent to receive your 2020 forms electronically, paper copies will not be mailed to you.
If you opt in for electronic delivery, both tax forms will be available through LoboWeb on January 31, 2021.
If you do not provide your electronic consent, paper W-2 forms will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service to your home address on record no later than Jan. 31, 2021 and the 1095-C forms will be mailed in early February.
Opted in last year? You do not need to complete your electronic consent again. However, we encourage you to review your electronic delivery through LoboWeb to confirm your consent.
Benefits of Receiving W-2 and 1095-C Electronically
- Eliminates the chance that your forms, containing your social security number, could be stolen from your mailbox, lost, or delayed.
- Earlier access, bypassing mail time.
- Regular access from anywhere you have an internet connection.
How can you complete the "Electronic Regulatory Consent" election?
- Login to MyUNM
- Click on the “Enter LoboWeb” button
- Click on the “Tax Forms” link under the Employee tab
- Login using the DUO multi-factor authentication process
- Select “Electronic Regulatory Consent”
- If you want access to your 2019 forms electronically going forward, click on the “My Choice” check box and “Submit”
- You will receive an email notification in 2020 when your forms are ready to be accessed
Questions? Watch the Lucy Lobo Video for a step by step demonstration.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) annually requires that all employees are issued a Form W-2 and Form 1095-C, if applicable. Although UNM has traditionally mailed these forms, the IRS also allows electronic distribution.
What if I want to continue to receive my tax forms via U.S. Mail?
You do not have to do anything other than verify your mailing address on file is correct. Active employees and retirees can update their address through Demographic Self Service.
Questions? Contact UNM Payroll at email@example.com or UNM Benefits at HRBenefits@unm.edu.