Benefits & Employee Wellness is here to help you stay healthy! Regular exercise and quality nutrition can promote a higher level of well-being.
Below are the programs and resources offered through UNM for you to stay connected and strong as we maneuver through these challenging times. Join us to stay engaged, get moving and stay healthy.
Johnson Center provides a wide variety of opportunities to enhance the educational, recreational and cultural experiences for a diverse University community. The Department is committed to excellence by offering services which stimulate a social, ethical, healthy and safe environment.
- Fitness: As a benefits-eligible employee, you have access to Johnson Center facilities including the Natatorium and all cardio and weight areas. Be sure to check out their hours here. Take advantage of their new indoor track or join a fitness class with your WOW Pass.
- WOW Pass: The World of Wellness Fitness classes give faculty and staff access to a variety of Fitness Classes, from Pilates, Zumba, Latin Fitness, Yoga, Indoor Cycling and much more! Best of all, you can use your Tuition Remission benefits! Visit the WOW Pass website for more information on class schedule, costs and to register.
- Personal Training: Johnson Center Personal Trainers are nationally certified and can design a quality training program to assist you in meeting your fitness goals. Sign up for three, five, seven or ten sessions at a reduced rate for faculty and staff, also tuition-remission eligible.
- Exercise Physiology Lab: Do you know your health status? The Exercise Physiology Lab offers cost-effective access to a wealth of biometric testing, resulting in valuable health status information. The labs are equipped to test all aspects of physical fitness and performance, including cardiovascular endurance, pulmonary function, muscular strength and endurance, body composition assessment, flexibility, and blood hormone, lipid, and enzyme profiles. Special pricing is available for faculty and staff. Visit their website for more information.
The mission of the UNM Health Sciences Wellness Program is to create a culture of wellness on campus by promoting healthy living and bringing wellness activities and opportunities to all Health Sciences faculty, staff and students.
The offer a variety of services and events, including affordable fitness classes, meditation groups, live music and healthy living tips to improve your life. Visit their website for more information on programs and activities at HSC!
UNM Continuing Education
UNM Continuing Education offers a wide variety of exercise and fitness classes, many of which are tuition remission eligible for benefits-eligible faculty and staff. From dance to yoga to a 24-week fitness course and full membership to New Mexico Sports and Wellness! Commit to be fit!
Sign Up for the LoboWell Listserv
Employee Wellness offers you a weekly resource to your inbox from our Health Education Consultants. “Food for Thought” offers nutrition tips from Reed Vawter, our registered dietitian and nutritionist, “The Fit Life” which offers discussions on fitness and practicing daily movement as well as Financial Fitness topics from Cherie Knight, our in-house financial expert and inspiring “Emotional Well-Being and Positivity-101” content from Health Educators, Tracey L. Briggs and Vanessa Roybal.
How to Subscribe
- Compose an email message to email@example.com
- Leave the subject line blank
- Enter only the following “subscribe” command in the body of the message:
subscribe LOBOWELL-L Firstname Lastname (replace with your first and last name)