The University of New Mexico is seeking volunteers for the 2022 International Association for College Admission Counseling Conference, taking place July 12-15.
Volunteers are needed to help with the many preparation activities and conference events to ensure an exceptional experience for our visitors.
The 2022 International Association for College Admission Counseling (ACAC) Conference aims to bring professionals together from all over the globe in an effort to support secondary students transitioning into the sphere of higher education.
Paid Leave for UNM Employee Volunteers
Utilizing UAP 3300, 3.2. Community Engagement, UNM is encouraging volunteer participation and has authorized paid leave for community engagement in an amount up to four (4) hours, for eligible regular exempt and nonexempt staff employees, during normal work hours, dependent on business/department needs.
To qualify for the paid leave to support community engagement, the following criterion applies:
- Must be a regular exempt or nonexempt staff.
- Obtain prior approval from Supervisor.
- Volunteer hours must fall within the employee’s regularly scheduled work hours.
- Hours that exceed the authorized four (4) hours during the employee’s regular work hours can be offset with Flex Scheduling and/or Annual Leave with prior approval from the Supervisor.
- Consistent with Section 3.1 of Policy 3305: Overtime, the four (4) hours of community engagement are not considered time worked.
- Proof of participation is required and will be confirmed. Proof of volunteer hours will be tracked by the Global Education Office. (When registering to volunteer be sure to use your UNM email and indicate your affiliation with UNM.)
- For time reporting purposes, Time Keepers should use Earn Code 300 (Other Paid Leave).
Please note that not all volunteers have to be UNM employees. Invite your spouse, friend or child who is over 18 to volunteer.
Sign up to volunteer by submitting your International ACAC Volunteer Interest Form today!
Volunteer registration ends June 1.
The efforts for this important undertaking are a result of the hard work of the Global Education Office, who has assembled a Planning Committee. Contact the ACAC Planning Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the paid leave policy, contact email@example.com or your HR consultant.