2021-2022 Parking Permits
Current parking permits (for AY20-21) are valid until Sunday, Aug. 22. Effective Monday, Aug. 23 (the start of the fall semester), your new AY21-22 parking permit will need to be displayed in your vehicle.
- Automatic renewals for Academic Year 2021-2022 parking permits, paid for through automatic payroll deduction, were processed on Saturday, July 24.
- Parking permits automatically renewed for AY21-22 will be mailed starting on Aug. 2. Please expect your permit to arrive to your mailing address within 3-7 business days after your permit renewal has processed. If you are signed up for automatic payroll deduction and do not receive your AY21-22 parking permit by Aug. 9 please contact PATS’ business office at (505) 277-1938 (7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m., M-F).
- If your permit was automatically renewed and you would like to return your permit, you must wait until you receive your AY21-22 permit before contacting the PATS Business Office. Once you’ve received the renewed permit, bring it to the PATS Business Office in-person, or start the return process remotely by calling (505) 277-1938 or email us at email@example.com.
- UNM Employees and other customers who pay for UNM parking permits with a credit card will need to visit the PATS Business Office to renew permits in-person, beginning on Aug. 3. The deadline to renew permit is Sept. 3.
How to Enroll in Payroll Deduction for your UNM Parking Permit
- PATS staff are available to help you through the process! Please call (505) 277-1938 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. A PATS staff member will verify your eligibility and review the parking lot options. Afterwards you will receive a fillable Faculty/Staff Parking Application to complete and return to email@example.com, which is needed to authorize payroll deduction for your UNM Parking Permit.
Changes to parking lot designations and parking permit prices on North Campus effective for Academic Year 2021-2022
- On July 1, G Lot officially changed designation from a Commuter Lot to a Proximity Lot.
- The cost of a Faculty/Staff G Lot (proximity) permit will increase with the start of permit sales for the AY2021-2022 year. However, to mitigate impact to current G permit holders, the permit increase for UNM Faculty/Staff will be spread over a two (2) year period. See website for details.
- UNM Faculty/Staff are still eligible to purchase G (Proximity) Parking Permits, as available.
- Commuter Lot options available to UNM Faculty/Staff now include: ELKS Lot, Q Lot and South Lot/Stadium East.