What is ULead?
Leadership is a skill for any role, not just supervisors or managers.
In this 6-week leadership intensive, you will gain the tools to become a more effective leader, improve your communication, manage conflict successfully, and lead a team with confidence.
ULead is UNM’s premier leadership development program for employees and is free as part of your UNM Benefits.
Who Would Benefit from ULead?
Any employee looking to improve their interpersonal skills to become more effective in the workplace will benefit from ULead. ULead is the ideal program for new supervisors and managers, as well as employees interested in developing their leadership skills as part of their career path. ULead is available to all UNM employees.
The ULead program is currently offered virtually via Zoom. Your cohort will meet twice per week to focus on a range of topics including:
- Behavioral Self-Assessment
- Leading and Motivating a Team
- Diversity and Inclusion
Additionally, you will select a learning path with focus on specific skills that relate to your career field, job role, or self-selected interests. The three learning paths include:
- Project Management: From ideas to solutions, lead, execute and monitor your projects.
- Managing Workplace Relationships: Communication, engagement, conflict resolution, change management, Coaching: Move People forward.
- Change Management: Leading yourself and others through change, focusing on understanding and navigating change using brain and behavioral science.
The program culminates in a group project presented to the cohort.
FALL ULEAD 2023 SCHEDULE
October 31 – December 12
Tuesdays and Thursdays | 10 a.m. to noon | 1 to 3 p.m.
How Do I Apply?
Complete the ULead Application Form and we will contact you with next steps. Course size is limited, so apply as soon as possible. Deadline for the spring application is October 20. Applications received after the deadline will be accommodated based on capacity.
Things to consider before applying:
- Time Commitment: ULead is an intense time commitment and attendance at all virtual sessions and completion of the final project are mandatory.
- Supervisor Approval: Because of the time commitment, supervisor approval is required. Need help persuading your supervisor? Share our program information letter with your manager!
Questions? Contact Kate Williams at email@example.com.