Alternative Work Arrangements
including Flexible Schedules
There are many reasons to offer alternative work arrangements that extend beyond individual departments and even beyond UNM. Consider these benefits that have been documented in other organizations after implementing alternative work arrangements:
- Improved morale and reduced stress by giving staff more options to balance work and family demands
- Increased customer service by expanding department hours
- Decreased traffic and parking congestion, energy consumption, and air pollution
- Retention of valued staff
- Increased staff productivity
- Better planning for staff absences
- More time for personal pursuits and parental participation in schools
The guide, linked below, contains information and suggestions for those interested in exploring the privilege of alternative work schedules. The suggestions offered are not the only work arrangements possible. We encourage you to contact the Division of Human Resources with other options you would like to explore.
For additional information please read the Alternative Work Arrangements including Flexible Schedules Guide.