The Dependent Education Program provides paid undergraduate tuition
for your spouse/domestic partner and/or Dependent children.
The Dependent Education Program provides a waiver of tuition for:
- Up to eighteen (18) credit hours per semester, and
- Up to eight (8) semesters
The Dependent Education Scholarship does not cover
mandatory student fees, which are charged by the credit hour.
Who is Eligible
- Regular staff working at least fifty percent (50%) or above (at least twenty (20) hours per week)
- And who have been employed in a benefits eligible job for at least one (1) year as of the last day of student registration for the applicable semester
- Regular faculty working at least percent (50%) or above, with a minimum nine-(9) month contract
- And who have been employed in a benefits eligible job for at least one (1) year as of the last day of student registration for the applicable semester (a nine-(9) month academic year faculty contract fulfills the one (1) year requirement).
How to Apply
For best consideration, complete the online Dependent Education Application by the Fall or Spring application deadline. Applications received after the semester deadline will be processed but approval and awards for dependents may be delayed.
Dependent Education Application Form
The Dependent Education Program must be applied for, and both student and employee must be eligible. The award is not guaranteed. UNM employees with Bursar holds on their accounts will be ineligible for dependent education. They will remain ineligible until the hold is released by the Bursar’s Office. For more information on Dependent Education, see
University Administrative Policy #3700.