UNM offers long-term disability insurance through the Standard Insurance Company. It is available to most benefits-eligible employees.
If illness or injury leaves you unable to continue working, UNM offers Long-Term Disability insurance (LTD) through Standard Insurance Company. This plan helps to replace a portion of your income due to total disability. UNM contributes a percentage of your LTD premium based on your appointment percent and annualized salary. See UNM's Contribution to the Cost of Insurance for more information.
Enrollment can only be completed online.
How to Enroll
Visit Standard's enrollment website, Ready Enroll, and follow the instructions to register as a first time user.
For login help, see the First Time Logon Instructions
Contact Standard's Enrollment Customer Service at 844-573-0229
The Standard's Enrollment/Member website, Ready Enroll, is provided for UNM employees to:
- View current coverage
- View, review, and update beneficiaries
- View certificates of coverage
- Access other Standard resources
How to View/Update Coverage and Beneficiaries
Offered online or by telephone
You must follow the login process listed above under Enrollment or call the Standard Customer Service line at
- View current enrollment
- Request enrollment changes to add, drop, increase, or decrease coverage levels
- View and update beneficiaries (online option only, employees are responsible for updating beneficiary information)
- View Certificates of Coverage, other plan document information, and access cost calculation tools
Standard Insurance Company
Customer Service: 1-844-573-0229
Enrollment Customer Service: 844-573-0229
Long -Term Disability Claims: 844-573-0229
Standard Insurance Company Website