UNM offers accidental death and dismemberment insurance term life insurance through the Standard Insurance Company. It is available to all benefits- eligible employees, individually or as a family. and their dependents.
UNM offers insurance to provide coverage in the event of accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) through Standard Insurance Company. AD&D benefits are only payable if death or dismemberment is due to an accident. AD&D is a voluntary benefit and is 100% employee paid.
For more information about the AD&D plan offered by Standard Insurance Company, see The Standard AD&D Insurance Brochure.
Enrollment can only be completed online.
How to Enroll
Contact Standard's Enrollment Customer Service at 844-573-0229
The Standard's Enrollment/Member website, Ready Enroll, is provided for UNM employees to:
- View current coverage
- View, review, and update beneficiaries
- View certificates of coverage
- Access other Standard resources
How to View/Update Coverage and Beneficiaries
Offered online or by telephone
You must follow the login process listed above under Enrollment, or call the Standard Customer Service line at
- View current enrollment
- Request enrollment changes to add, drop, increase, or decrease coverage levels
- View and update beneficiaries (online option only, employees are responsible for updating beneficiary information)
- View Certificates of Coverage, other plan document information, and access cost calculation tools
Standard Insurance Company
Customer Service: 844-573-0229
Enrollment Customer Service: 844-573-0229
Standard Insurance Company Website