UNM offers a short-term disability plan through Standard Insurance Company. Short-term disability covers up to 60% of your pre-disability earnings if you are unable to work due to disability caused by an accident or illness. Short-term disability payments are available once you have been disabled for 30 days and are payable for a maximum duration of 22 weeks. Short-term disability is a voluntary benefit and is 100% employee paid.
Late Entrant Penalty
Review The Standard Short-Term Disability Insurance Booklet (Coming Soon!) for plan information and details about the late
entrant penalty. Late entrant penalty applies for the first twelve months of coverage.
Enrollment can only be completed online.
How to Enroll
Visit Standard's enrollment website.
Login requires a UNM Banner ID, a Company Key ("thestandard"), and date of birth
For login help, see the
First Time Logon Instructions
Contact Standard's Enrollment Customer Service at 866-623-0622
The Standard's Enrollment/Member website is provided for UNM employees to:
- View current coverage
- View review and update beneficiaries
- View certificates of coverage
- Access other Standard resources
How to View/Update Coverage and Beneficiaries
Offered online or by telephone
You must follow the login process listed above under Enrollment or call the Standard Customer Service line at
- View current enrollment
- Request enrollment changes to add, drop, increase, or decrease coverage levels
- View and update beneficiaries (online option only, employees are responsible for updating beneficiary information)
- View Certificates of Coverage, other plan document information, and access cost calculation tools
Standard Insurance Company
Customer Service: 800-759-8702
Enrollment Customer Service: 866-623-0622
Short-Term Disability Claims: 1-800-378-2395
Standard Insurance Company Website