UNM offers term life insurance through the Standard Insurance Company. It is available to all benefits-eligible employees and their dependents.
Employee Basic Life cost is $.113 per $1,000 of coverage. UNM contributes a percentage of your Basic Life Insurance premium based on your appointment percent and annualized salary. See UNM's Contribution to the Cost of Insurance for more information.
For more information about Employee Additional and Dependent Life Insurance see The Standard Life Insurance Brochure.
Enrollment can only be completed online.
How to Enroll
To enroll in Life Insurance, visit Standard's enrollment website, Ready Enroll, and follow the instructions to register as a first time user.
For login help, see the First Time Logon Instructions
Contact Standard's Enrollment Customer Service at (844) 573-0229
The Standard's Enrollment/Member website, Ready Enroll, is provided for UNM employees to:
- View current coverage
- View, review, and update beneficiaries
- View certificates of coverage
- Access other Standard resources
How to Enroll and View/Update Coverage and Beneficiaries
Offered online or by telephone
You must follow the login process listed above under Enrollment or call the Standard Customer Service line at
- Enroll/ View current enrollment
- Request enrollment changes to add, drop, increase, or decrease coverage levels
- View and update beneficiaries (online option only, employees are responsible for updating beneficiary information)
- View Certificates of Coverage, other plan document information, and access cost calculation tools
Standard Insurance Company
Customer Service: 844-573-0229
Enrollment Customer Service: 844-573-0229
Life Insurance Claims': 844-573-0229
Standard Insurance Company Website