The Dependent Education Program provides paid undergraduate tuition
for your spouse/domestic partner and/or Dependent children.
The Dependent Education Program provides a waiver of tuition for:
- Up to eighteen (18) credit hours per semester, and
- Up to eight (8) semesters
The Dependent Education Scholarship does not cover
mandatory student fees, which are charged by the credit hour.
Who is Eligible
- Regular staff working at least fifty percent (50%) or above (at least twenty (20) hours per week)
- And who have been employed in a benefits eligible job for at least one (1) year as of the last day of student registration for the applicable semester
- Regular faculty working at least percent (50%) or above, with a minimum nine-(9) month contract
- And who have been employed in a benefits eligible job for at least one (1) year as of the last day of student registration for the applicable semester (a nine-(9) month academic year faculty contract fulfills the one (1) year requirement).
How to Apply
- Complete the Dependent Education Program Application
- Return Dependent Education Program Application to UNM’s Benefits & Employee Wellness by the application deadline via:
- SECURE DOCUMENT UPLOAD at https://hr.unm.edu/upload
- FAX to 505-277-2278
UNM Benefits & Employee Wellness
1700 Lomas Blvd. NE, Suite 1400
MSC01 1220 Albuquerque, NM 87131
The Dependent Education Program must be applied for, and both student and employee must be eligible. The award is not guaranteed. UNM employees with Bursar holds on their accounts will be ineligible for dependent education. They will remain ineligible until the hold is released by the Bursar’s Office. For more information on Dependent Education, see
University Administrative Policy #3700.