Open Enrollment for UNM's Pre-65 Retiree UNM Medical and Dental Plans begins Wednesday, May 10, 2017, and ends at 5:00 pm on Friday, May 26, 2017.
Benefit changes made during Open Enrollment are effective July 1, 2017.
During this time, Pre-65 UNM retirees and/or their Pre-65 dependents are eligible to make changes to their existing UNM retiree Medical and Dental coverage. In order to participate in this Open Enrollment period, you must be currently enrolled in Medical and/or Dental plans as a retiree, or be covered by a retiree who is enrolled in Medical and/or Dental plans.
IMPORTANT NOTE: No action is required to continue your current Medical and/or Dental coverage for the 2017-2018 plan year.
However, please ensure your Bursar’s Account “Automatic Bill Payment” amount is set up correctly to allow for July 1, 2017 premium increases. Contact the Bursar’s Office at 505-277-5363 to ensure the correct amount is set up and/or with any questions.
If you do not receive an Open Enrollment packet, or you need assistance making changes to your benefits, updating your address, or with any other questions, please call 505-277-MyHR (6947).
Open Enrollment Instructions
- The 2017-2018 Pre-65 Open Enrollment booklet was mailed via USPS to your home address on record. The packet includes instructions and a form for this year’s Open Enrollment.
- Review the information included in the packet carefully. If you would like more information or want to meet with a medical plan provider, please attend a Vendor Session (listed below).
- If you want to make changes for the 2017-2018 Plan Year, you must complete the 2017-2018 Pre-65 Open Enrollment Form.
- Be sure to submit your 2017-2018 Pre-65 Open Enrollment Change form to Human Resources no later than 5:00 pm on May 26, 2017.
Come to a Vendor Fair!
Meet your medical, dental and life insurance vendors to get information or ask questions about your benefits.
Pre-65 Retiree Open Enrollment Vendor Fairs:
- Thursday, May 11, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm in the Atrium at the UNM Cancer Center
- Wednesday, May 17, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm in the Atrium at the UNM Cancer Center
If you have additional questions, contact the Benefits Office at 505-277-MyHR (6947).
What will change for the 2017-2018 Plan Year?
The 5% retiree contribution allocation increase toward the cost of post-retirement benefits premiums will continue as scheduled for FY18, as previously approved by the Board of Regents.
Pre-65 Retiree Medical Plan
Active employee Medical Plan rates will increase 7.9% on average for each plan option. Premiums will vary according to FTE and salary. The rates posted on this website are inclusive of the FY18 5% retiree contribution allocation increase.
There will be no plan design changes. Copays, Coinsurances, Deductibles and Out of Pocket Maximums will remain the same.
Pre-65 Retiree Prescription Drug Plan
No plan design changes
Pre-65 Retiree Dental Plan
No plan design changes to Dental Coverage (offered through Delta Dental with High and Low Options). The FY18 5% premium contribution allocation increase applies, and is included in the dental rates posted.
Pre-65 Retiree Life Insurance
No plan design changes
Basic Life: Increase
Additional Life: Increase
The life insurance rates posted on this website are NOT inclusive of the FY18 5% contribution allocation increase.