The Pre-65 Retiree Open Enrollment period for the 2018 Plan Year is closed.
Open Enrollment for UNM's Pre-65 Retiree UNM Medical and Dental Plans begins Wednesday, May 9, 2018 and ends at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 25, 2018.
Benefit changes made during Open Enrollment are effective July 1, 2018.
During this time, Pre-65 UNM retirees and/or their Pre-65 dependents are eligible to make changes to their existing UNM retiree Medical and Dental coverage. In order to participate in this Open Enrollment period, you must be currently enrolled in Medical and/or Dental plans as a retiree, or be covered by a retiree who is enrolled in Medical and/or Dental plans.
No action is required to continue your current Medical and/or Dental coverage for the 2018-2019 plan year.
However, please ensure your Bursar’s Account “Automatic Bill Payment” amount is set up correctly to allow for July 1, 2018 premium increases. You may contact the Bursar’s Office at (505) 277-5363.
If you do not receive an Open Enrollment packet, need assistance making changes to your benefits, need to update your address, or if you have any other questions, please call 505-277-MyHR (6947).
Open Enrollment Instructions
- The 2018-2019 Pre-65 Open Enrollment booklet was mailed via USPS to your home address on record. The packet includes instructions and a form for this year’s Open Enrollment.
- Review the information included in the packet carefully. If you would like more information or want to meet with a medical plan carrier, please attend a Vendor Session (listed below).
- If you want to make changes for the 2018-2019 Plan Year, you must complete the 2018-2019 Pre-65 Open Enrollment Form.
- Be sure to submit your 2018-2019 Pre-65 Open Enrollment Change form to Human Resources by no later than 5 p.m. on May 25, 2018..
You may submit your Form by:
- Dropping it off at the HR Service Center at 1700 Lomas Blvd., NE, Suite 1400
- Faxing it securely to the Benefits Office at 505-277-2278
- Mailing it to the HR Service Center at 1700 Lomas Blvd., NE, Suite 1400, Albuquerque, NM 87131 (must be postmarked no later than May 25, 2018)
Come to a Vendor Fair!
Meet your medical, dental and life insurance vendors to get information or ask questions about your benefits.
Pre-65 Retiree Open Enrollment Vendor Fairs:
- Wednesday, May 16, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm at the UNM Cancer Center 1st Floor Boardroom
The address is 1201 Camino de Salud NE
If you have additional questions, contact the Benefits Office at (505) 277-MyHR (6947).
What will change for the 2018-2019 Plan Year?
Pre-65 Retiree Medical Plan
No change to current medical deductibles, coinsurance, copays, or medical plan design
Medical premiums will increase 1.75% across all plans for pre-65 retirees.
Pre-65 Retiree Prescription Drug Plan
No plan design changes
Pre-65 Retiree Dental Plan
No plan design or rate changes to Dental Coverage (offered through Delta Dental with High and Low Options).
2018-2019 Pre-65 Dental Rates
Pre-65 Retiree Life Insurance
No plan design changes or premium increases to Life Insurance (offered through Standard Life Insurance Company).
For questions on life insurance, please contact Standard Life Insurance at 844.573.0229. Have your UNM Banner ID available when you call, as Standard Life Insurance Company cannot identify you by your Social Security number.