UNM’s Benefits & Employee Wellness and HSC Wellness are hosting the 5th Annual Stadium Stair Challenge!
Want to achieve a new goal in 2022?
On Saturday, April 30, 2022, we challenge you to tackle the 1,668 stairs of University Stadium! Register for the event and you can feel the pride of giving it your all along with receiving a Dri-fit race t-shirt and a finishers medal. This is a timed event – prizes will be awarded for various categories.
This is a family friendly event!
Participants 13 and under are eligible to participate in the Kids K fun run around the football field! Finisher’s medals are also awarded.
Proceeds go to AGORA Crisis Center. Agora provides compassionate free confidential help to anyone in need of emotional support. Services include talk-line, walk-in clinic, online emotional support chat, volunteer opportunities and community education. As one of the oldest crisis centers nationwide, Agora hosts the NM Youth Suicide Prevention crisis line and is part of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Network as well as www.CrisisChat.org. Visit www.AgoraCares.org.
Train for the Challenge
Sign up for the Benefits & Employee Wellness eight-week course to help you reach your personal fitness potential. Classes will be held in March and April. Training schedule coming soon!
- Cost: $150
- Includes trainings on Tuesdays and Thursdays for seven-weeks and a complimentary entry to compete in the Stadium Stair Challenge. Tuesday trainings will be at the stadium and Thursday trainings will be virtual.
- If you register for the seven-week course and the challenge, the fee is tuition remission eligible.
- If you only sign up for the Stadium Stair Challenge, the cost is NOT tuition remission eligible. Sign up early to receive the maximum discount!
- $25 until February 28
- $35 March 1 through April 29
- $45 Day of Event
- The training classes will be led by Benefits & Employee Wellness Health Education Consultant, Leah Adent, NASM-CPT. Leah will teach you how to properly climb the stairs, offer tips on preventing injury, and provide a program for you to follow throughout each week to push you to peak performance on race day!
- Sports nutrition tips will be shared to help you focus on nutrient timing, food choices, and hydration so you can get the most out of your training.
Training Classes - Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm
In-Person Training will be held at UNM University Stadium
March 15, 22, 29
April 5, 12, 19, 26
Virtual Training on Zoom link will be provided once you register
March 17, 24, 31
April 7, 14, 21, 28
Registration will remain open on the day of the event until 1 hour before race start time. Participation includes a Dri-fit t-shirt and medal. Register before April 6 to get a shirt in your preferred size.
Seven-Week Training Course + Stadium Stair Challenge
Includes 14 training classes and Challenge
Tuition Remission Eligible
|Stadium Stair Challenge ONLY
||$25 – Until January 31
$35 – Until April 26
$45 – Day of Event
NOT Tuition Remission Eligible
Includes participation medal
|$10 - Until April 26
$20 - Day of Event
NOT Tuition Remission Eligible
All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. You may not give or sell your number to another individual.
Each packet includes your BIB Number, timing tag, t-shirt, coupons, and more! You need to present a valid photo ID to pick up your packet. If you are not able to pick up your packet in person, you may have someone pick it up for you. Please give them your valid photo ID to present during packet pick up.
Packets can be picked up on Challenge Day at the check-in table. Please arrive 60 minutes before the event start time.
Pre-challenge packet pickup is available:
Thursday, April 28
6915 Montgomery Blvd NE,
Albuquerque, NM 87109
3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, April 30
111 University Blvd SE,
Albuquerque, NM 87106
7 a.m. – 8 a.m.
Best Male and Female Overall
Best Male and Female by Age Group