Would you like to flourish more in your daily life? Are you looking for a program that can offer positivity in your personal and professional life? The Working with Positivity Program facilitates the workbook, Move from Surviving to Thriving: A Positive Psychology Workbook for Challenging Times by Bruce W. Smith, PhD.
Working with Positivity isn’t a one-dimensional learning experience. Positive psychology helps you to be your best in all circumstances. There is no predetermined outcome, instead, you chart the course and implement the skills that will help you live your best life.
This 12-week workshop meets every Wednesday and is offered at no cost to UNM benefits-eligible staff and faculty (including branch campuses) as well as HSC, UNMH, UNMMG, and SRMC employees. Classes are available completely online.
Spring 2023 Working with Positivity Program Schedule
January 18 – April 5 (12 Weeks)
Wednesdays | 12:05 to 1 p.m. via Zoom
About Working with Positivity
The Working with Positivity Program includes:
- Dr Bruce W. Smith’s e-book (hardcopy can be purchased separately)
- 12-weekly, 55-minute sessions from 12:05 to 1 p.m.
- Classes led by Tracey L. Briggs, MA, Supervisor, Employee Wellness, and Leah Adent, MA, Health Education Consultant
- 55-minute sessions will meet once a week during the lunch hour
- Activities that will be accomplished in and outside of class
- Class discussions and small group breakout rooms
Information covered in the program:
- Two chapters will be discussed each week. Participants are given realistic tools and activities they can implement immediately; Participants choose which ones are right for them
- Weekly topics include: What Do You Want Most? Discovering Your Best, Social Intelligence, Meaning & Purpose, and more…
- Participants use the e-workbook to contemplate their own choices and practice activities that bring about change
- Learn to develop positive habits to create bliss in your life!
Unsure how to fit the Working with Positivity class into your week? Check out UNM Policy 3300, section 3.3, to discuss flex time use for wellness and fitness.
Sign up now!
Signing up is easy!
- Complete the “Working with Positivity” registration form.
- This reserves your spot in the class.
- If the class is full, you can check a box to opt into adding yourself to the waitlist.
- You’ll then receive an email with further details about the course.