UNM Employee Wellness 2022 Wellness Ambassadors Program gives you, the employee, a pivotal role when it comes to initiating wellness activities for your department and fellow coworkers. Your involvement as a UNM Wellness Ambassador will help Benefits & Employee Wellness take wellness at UNM to the next level!
We are looking for volunteer Wellness Ambassadors who will share their enthusiasm and motivation to inspire others to be a part of a meaningful, University-wide program. In the spirit of work-life balance, we’ve designed the role of Wellness Ambassador to be easy and fun.
What is a UNM Wellness Ambassador?
UNM Wellness Ambassadors are advocates for healthy living, no matter where they are in their personal health journeys. Ambassadors serve as a liaison between UNM Employee Wellness and employees at their work location, promoting health and wellness among coworkers.
With Employee Wellness’s support and guidance, UNM Wellness Ambassadors communicate wellness information to their fellow employees and encourage healthy activities within their department. The role of Ambassador is a voluntary one with minimal time commitment and maximum pride for investing in the wellness of your fellow coworkers.
Criteria for becoming a UNM Wellness Ambassador
- A UNM benefits-eligible employee in good standing, out of probation.
- An FTE of 0.5 or greater
- Willing to obtain approval and support from his or her supervisor as needed.
Being a UNM Wellness Ambassador has its rewards!
- Exclusive presentations and trainings
- In-person activities
- One-on-one meetings with Employee Wellness
- Monthly newsletters for Wellness Ambassadors
- Bi-monthly zoom meetings with a new topic and guest speakers
- Personalized action plans
How do I become a UNM Wellness Ambassador?
- First step: email email@example.com to inquire about an application.
- Second step: Employee Wellness will review all applications and notify you once you have been selected.
- Third step: Once you have been notified, you will receive information about our UNM Wellness Ambassador Academy virtual training session where you will receive all the tools you need to be a successful Wellness Ambassador.
Health Education Consultant
UNM Benefits & Employee Wellness